At Gwaltney Dental, we provide dental services for the whole family. As a local family dental practice in Suffolk, VA, we treat patients of all ages with compassion and care. By using the latest in dental technology and techniques, we are able to provide personalized care.
We take a patient-focused approach to dentistry so we can meet the needs of all of our patients in a more personalized manner. Our goal is to help patients maintain the health and comfort of their smiles and address dental problems as soon as possible. We also offer experienced dental care for smile makeovers and restorative needs, including missing teeth.
Dental Services at Gwaltney Dental
Our wide array of dental services in our Suffolk, VA office help restore the function and aesthetics of patients’ smiles. All of our dental treatments improve the look of the teeth and gums while preventing further oral health issues.
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Cosmetic dentistry services improve the look and feel of your smile. Learn about the types of cosmetic dental treatments we offer:
- Invisalign: Clear Invisalign aligners reposition teeth and benefit patients with moderate orthodontic concerns.
- Porcelain Veneers: Fix discolored and damaged teeth with porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are made of translucent porcelain ceramic shells bonded to teeth.
- Dental Bonding: Similar to veneers, dental bonding covers and protects teeth with cosmetic imperfections. Tooth bonding is a more economical alternative to porcelain veneers, although it is not as permanent.
- Teeth Whitening: Our Zoom! teeth whitening treatment can brighten teeth up to 8 shades. Teeth whitening treatment not only improves the look of the teeth but can motivate patients to maintain their results.
General Dentistry Services
General dentistry treatments offer preventative care using modern methods. Learn more about our general dentistry services below:
- Sports Mouthguard: Wearing a custom mouthguard when playing sports help to protect from chips, cracks, and lost teeth.
- Emergency Dentistry: If you have a toothache, lost tooth, or broken restoration, call our office for immediate treatment.
- Family Dentistry: As a family of dentists, we understand how important it is for all of the members of your family to receive dental treatment.
- Sedation Dentistry Options: Dental sedation makes it easy for anxious patients to receive the care they need. Under sedation, patients feel calm and relaxed. They may even fall asleep during their procedure.
- Tooth Extractions: Diseased teeth, wisdom teeth, and overcrowded teeth may need to be removed if they are causing pain or spreading infection. We can make the tooth extraction procedure comfortable for all patients and will provide detailed instructions for post-op care.
Restorative Dentistry Services
Our restorative dentistry treatments revitalize the structure and function of the teeth and gums. Below are the restorative dentistry services offered at our office:
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are a versatile tooth replacement used to restore one or more teeth. Dental bridges and dentures can be supported by implants for a longer-lasting result.
- Dental Bridge: Traditional dental bridges are removable prosthetic teeth that are supported by natural teeth. Dental bridges can also be fixed when secured with dental implants.
- Dental Crown: Dental crowns are used to cap off dental implants or protect weakened and damaged teeth. They can also help restore the form of the bite. We use CEREC technology so our patients can receive dental crowns in just one office visit.
- Dentures: Patients with rows of missing teeth and even full arches of lost teeth can easily restore their smile with dentures. Just like dental bridges, we can secure a denture with implants.
- Gum Disease Treatment: Periodontitis, or gum disease, is a serious bacterial infection that affects the entire tooth and gum structure.
- Sleep Apnea Options: Obstructive sleep apnea is marked by symptoms such as snoring, insomnia, and irritability during the day. Sleep apnea occurs when the tissues in the back of the mouth collapse, obstructing the airway. Night guards are used for mild to moderate forms of sleep apnea and are much more comfortable than bulky CPAP machines.
- TMJ Treatment: Temporomandibular joint disorders cause jaw and facial pain as well as teeth clenching and grinding. Oral appliances can be worn at night to stop worn teeth and pain caused by TMD.
Call Our Suffolk, VA Dental Office
Contact Gwaltney Dental for comprehensive and comfortable dental treatment. Request a consultation with our team online or call us today at 757.982.8467.